The annual ACWA Summer Mini-Conference returns in a compressed virtual (Zoom) format on July 28, 2021, from 9:30 am to 2:30 pm. This virtual conference will highlight national and state leaders to address key regulatory, advocacy, science/innovation, and funding issues of concern to wastewater and stormwater management agencies. Learn more —>
- Welcome: Amy Pepper, Chair—Oregon Association of Clean Water Agencies
- EPA Water Quality Priorities and Strategies for Implementing the Clean Water Act—
What States and local Wastewater and Stormwater Service Providers can Expect in
the Coming Years. Andrew Sawyers, Director of the Office of Wastewater—US EPA
- Developing Science and Innovation in the Water Quality Sector—the Latest from the
Water Research Foundation. John Albert, Chief Research Officer—Water Research Foundation
- News from NACWA—National Issues, Trends, and Opportunities for Wastewater
and Stormwater Utilities. Adam Krantz, Chief Executive Officer, Emily Remmel, Director of Regulatory Affairs, and Jason Isakovic, Director of Legislative Affairs—National Assoc. of Clean Water Agencies
- DEQ Water Quality Programs—A Year in Review and the Road Ahead. Justin Green, Administrator, and Jennifer Wigal, Deputy Administrator—DEQ Water Quality Division
- It’s a Wrap! Impacts of the 2021 Legislative Session on Local Government Wastewater
and Stormwater Providers and What the Future Holds… Tracy Rainey, Senior Policy Analyst—Clean Water Services, and Mark Landauer, Intergovernmental Affairs Representative—Special DIstricts
Association of Oregon.
- Forging a Path to Oregon’s Sustainable Clean Water Future—How DEQ and Local
Governments Can Partner to Make it Happen. Richard Whitman, Director—Oregon Department of Environmental Quality.
- Recognizing Excellence and Achievements in the Year of the Pandemic. Corissa Holmes, Vice Chair—Oregon Association of Clean Water Agencies