The ACWA Board sets direction and priorities for the organization, adopts annual membership dues and operating budgets, and oversees the work of the Executive Director.
The Board is made up of a combination of members nominated and elected annually by the voting membership and the chairs and co-chairs of each of ACWA’s ten committees. The immediate Past Chair also serves on the Board. You can view the 2018-2019 ACWA Board members here (membership required ).
Elected Board Positions include: Chair, Vice Chair, Treasurer/Secretary, Small Systems Director (systems < 5 mgd), and Large Systems Director (systems > 5 mgd).
Committee Board Positions include:
- Biosolids and Recycled Water Committee Chair
- Education Committee Chair
- Energy Committee Chair
- Groundwater Committee Co-Chairs
- Legal Committee Co-Chairs
- Legislative Committee Chair
- Pretreatment Committee Co-Chairs
- Stormwater Committee Co-Chairs
- Utility Management Committee Chair
- Water Quality Committee Co-Chairs
INTERESTED IN JOINING THE ACWA BOARD? WE WANT YOU!
- Join a committee and get involved in ACWA activities
- Learn how committees work and talk to a board member about opportunities to get involved
- Contact the Board Chair or the ACWA office
Much of ACWA’s work is accomplished through the professional volunteer efforts of the Board, Committees, and interested ACWA members. ACWA administration is supported through part-time contractual services of Susie Smith through her consulting firm Stony Creek Consulting. Susie has served as ACWA’s Executive Director since 2016. Lisa Landers serves as the part-time ACWA Office Coordinator. The ACWA office located in Eugene generally has office hours from 9:30 am to 1:30 Monday through Friday.