GROUNDWATER COMMITTEE DOCUMENTS (agendas, minutes, etc.)
Special Meeting — A Conversation About Pesticides — 11/30/16
- Underground Injection Control Program – DEQ’s UIC Program and Groundwater Protectiveness Demonstrations – Matt Kohlbecker, DEQ. PFD
- Pesticides in Gresham’s WPCF Permit – Recent 2,4-D Sampling Results – Katie Holzer and Torrey Lindbo, City of Gresham.
- Pesticides in Oregon Stormwater and Urban Streams – DEQ and MS4 Data, 2010-2015 – Kevin Masterson, DEQ and Kirk Cook, Oregon Dept. of Agriculture.
- Kurt Carpenter – USGS’ Pesticide Data / Studies in Oregon and Washington – Kurt Carpenter, USGS.
- Pesticide Regulation and Monitoring for Large Public Drinking Water Systems – Kimberly Gupta, Portland Water Bureau.
- Water Quality Risk Analysis Process for New and Proposed Pesticides – Kirk Cook, Oregon Dept. of Agriculture. PDF
Clean Water Tips
- Clean Water Tips at Home (electronic)
- Clean Water Tips at Home (print)
- Clean Water Tips for Businesses (electronic)
- Clean Water Tips for Businesses (print)
Brochures designed to inform both homeowners and businesses about protecting groundwater and actions to keep pollutants out of Underground Injection Control (UIC) systems. The brochures are designed to be customized by adding contact information for the local utility on the back panel.
- Compilation and Evaluation of Existing Stormwater Quality Data from Oregon – The report summarizes over 25,000 groundwater samples analyzed in Oregon by 15 different public agencies between 1990 and 2008 and compares the results to regulatory thresholds. The report was prepared by Kennedy/Jenks Consultants. 12/16/09
- Analysis of Oregon Urban Runoff Water Quality Monitoring Data Collected from 1990 to 1996, 6/1997 – The report summarizes the land use based stormwater monitoring conducted in Oregon between 1990 to 1996 from Oregon’s MS4 Phase I communities and the Oregon Department of Transportation.
- Central Oregon Stormwater Manual – This stormwater manual details proper stormwater management practices for Central Oregon. Central Oregon Intergovernmental Council.
- EPA Green Infrastructure – EPA Green Infrastructure policies and municipal handbooks
- Maintaining Rain Gardens, Swales and Stormwater Planters 2013. This field guide developed collaboratively by a number of private firms and public agencies, provides all the information needed for proper maintenance of these three most common types of stormwater facilities. PDF
- Grow Smart, Grow Safe – A new app lists more than 1,000 lawn-garden chemicals, offers natural gardening tips. Now there is an easy way for consumers throughout the Pacific Northwest to make smart choices in lawn and garden products that are safer for people, pets and the environment: The Grow Smart, Grow Safe® app. Products available in area stores are rated low, medium or high hazard to help shoppers make smart choices. Take this tool to the store or out to the garage and find out how your favorite lawn and garden products rate. The app even offers great tips on gardening without pesticides. Download for free at the iTunes App Store. The app was created by the Local Hazardous Waste Management Program in King County; Portland Metro; and Thurston County Public Health and Social Services, to provide reliable, science-based information to all consumers.
- Underground Injection Wells for Stormwater – Best Management Practices Manual, prepared by URS Corporation for ensuring proper design, installation, and maintenance of UICs to protect groundwater quality. 1/2003.
- Autoshops – Preventing Water Pollution – Easy-to-read and understand tips for preventing water pollution from auto repair shops.