Welcome to the
Oregon Association of Clean Water Agencies (ACWA)
OUR MISSIONACWA provides high value, science-based practical services to its membership through education, regulatory advocacy, and partnerships for the development of proactive solutions resulting in water resources management that is environmentally, financially and organizationally sustainable.
Who We Are
The Oregon Association of Clean Water Agencies (ACWA) is a private, not-for-profit organization that serves Oregon wastewater treatment and stormwater management agencies and their consultants.
Our goal is to protect and enhance Oregon’s water quality. By cooperatively addressing the many water quality issues facing wastewater treatment and stormwater managers, we can be more effective advocates with our federal and state regulatory agencies, can identify areas of collaboration with other water quality stakeholders, and can pool resources to meet environmental standards more effectively. Read about the 2023 ACWA Priorities, including actions and targets for the year.
Started in 1987, ACWA is a strong voice for public water quality agencies throughout Oregon and nationally. Click here to learn more about ACWA’s history. We strive to provide high value, science-based practical services for our members. While we invite you to explore our website, some content is available only to our members and requires login for access. Contact the ACWA office for more information.
ACWA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability in any of its programs or activities.
ACWA member agencies’ projects protect Oregon’s water quality
Through education, regulatory advocacy, and partnerships for the development of pro-active solutions, we support Oregon communities in building water resources management that is environmentally, financially, and organizationally sustainable.
Our members routinely represent public agency wastewater and stormwater interests on work groups, DEQ Advisory Committees, and Federal Advisory Committees.
Currently, over 126 wastewater treatment and stormwater management agencies, along with associated professionals, are ACWA members. ACWA is governed by a Board of Directors and its Executive Director is Jerry Linder.
ACWA Board and CommitteesMuch of ACWA’s work is accomplished through our active professional volunteer board and committees. Learn more about the ACWA board and staff here.
Biosolids and Recycled Water   Education   Energy   Utility Management   Groundwater   Legal Legislative   Pretreatment   Stormwater   Water Quality
Organizations eligible for ACWA membership include:
- Municipalities, counties and special districts — that provide wastewater treatment and/or stormwater management services to their communities.
- Associate Members — Consulting and engineering firms that provide engineering, ecological/sustainability, financial, legal or contract operation services to public utility members. Firms must be currently providing these services to an existing ACWA member or have provided those services in the past 12 months.
Benefits of Membership include:
- • Advocacy and technical expertise that supports technically and economically feasible, legally defensible regulatory framework that supports sustainable One Water strategies.
- • Routine updates on regulatory changes affecting stormwater and wastewater management facilities
- • ACWA training programs such as workshops on key issues and the Annual Summer Conference
- • Participation on ACWA Committees to hear technical presentations, and collaborate with others on specific initiatives
- • An immediate network of peers often working on similar issues for idea sharing and pooling resources.
Join ACWAJoin ACWA by completing our New Membership Application form (PDF), which you can complete online and submit by email. Once we've received the completed form in our office, we will calculate your dues and send along an invoice.
If you have already completed the new membership application (PDF), or have a NEW staff person on board, complete our New Member Registration form to gain approval for ACWA website access.